Here are a few guide lines to ensure fairness when splitting a vending show. (these are from me and not from head office)
1. Whoever turns in the Trade show agreement form needs to order the catalogs and then both of you need to split the shipping and tax that is over the gift certificate.
2. Make it clear and simple at the show- Whatever leads or sales you make- you keep!
3. If doing a drawing you need to decide ahead of time how you will split the leads from the drawing. If you can not agree then each of you do your own drawing.
4. If the show ask for a donation for a raffle then EACH of you needs to give something to keep it fair.
5. Act like a team not each others competition.
I recently heard of a couple ladies doing a show together. One lady was snowballed by the other and walked away with no sales and no leads. I hope that will never be you. On either side...so make sure you decide before sharing a show how you want to handle it. And if you don't feel comfortable, then don't do it.
Good luck booking those shows, open houses and markets this Holiday Season! And remember I am looking for a top sales person for October AND November!